Sometimes the biggest issue with your water supply is fine sediment. For some homes, there is an even bigger issue with manganese and iron. The iSpring WGB32BM 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System will help reduce the amount of manganese and iron that is in your water while also having a positive impact on sediment levels. It is currently rated to remove up to 95% of arsenic, chlorine, pesticides, VOCs, and industrial solvents in addition to manganese, iron, and sediment.
There will be a noticeable improvement to the transparency, odor, and flavor of the water once a home’s water supply is sent through this filtration system.
Features of the iSpring WGB32BM Filtration System
- This system utilizes a standard Big Blue 20×4.5-inch filter cartridge setup to allow for a maximum PSI level while still enjoying filtered water.
- It uses a CTO carbon block filter, featuring coconut shells, to extend the life of the filter and provide a better overall filtration experience.
- There are 1-inch input/output ports standard on this model, allowing the system to support up to 15 gallons per minute of filtration while still providing a reasonable water quality at maximum levels.
- All the filters that iSpring uses with this filtration system are NSF-certified.
- The system is rated to filter up to 100,000 gallons of water before needing filter replacements, with the intakes allowing for up to 0.25 gallons per second of processing.
This water filtration system is designed more for the homeowner who gets their water supply from a well or shallow groundwater system instead of a municipality. Many of its reduction capabilities would duplicate what municipalities are already providing, which would render that stage of the process somewhat ineffective.
Our Observations of the iSpring WGB32BM Filtration System
The filters on this model do have a higher PSI range than systems made by other manufacturer’s today. You can set the range between 40-90 PSI, instead of the max 60 PSI that you’ll find on other models. You’ll still need a regulator for systems higher than 90 PSI, but the added flexibility can reduce costs for many homeowners during the installation of this product.
Flow-rate reductions once installed are minimal with this unit. We measured a 5-10 PSI reduction in pressure when the system was active.
Even when there were high levels of contamination within the water, we found that this filtration system could reduce them to levels that are considered standard. The system did struggle a bit with very high manganese levels, but did get them under control over time.
Our Grade: 8.5/10
The iSpring WGB32BM 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System gets all the basics done right. The system is easy to setup and install and will provide the average home with about a year’s worth of cleaner water before needing a filter replacement. Not only will you notice an immediate difference in the quality of your drinking water, but there will be improvements with water-based appliances as well, such as the dishwasher or the washing machine.