Some water supplies are so bad that they are virtually unusable. In the past, some homeowners may have decided to put in a new well or have water delivered to their home. With the Home Master TMAFC Artesian Reverse Osmosis System, it becomes possible to have highly pure water that is available at home, virtually on-demand.
This system features 7 stages of filtration, which allows it to remove up to 98% of chemicals and contaminants that may be present. This includes chloramine and other difficult to remove items that other RO systems cannot touch.
Features of the Home Master TMAFC RO System
- It offers homeowners mineral replacement after the water is filtered by the membrane. This is done through the manufacturer’s Full Contact technology, which adds magnesium and calcium back to the water.
- It offers a long-lasting system for under-the-sink drink water, with a change only required after 2,000 gallons have been consumer.
- The flow rate of this model is noticeably higher than other undersink RO systems.
- There are fewer issues with this system when compared to similar models from other manufacturers in the way of acidic water, canister housing leaks, or problems with filter replacement.
- It is backed by a 5-year limited warranty, even with its modular filter design.
There is an upgrade available for this unit which we would highly recommend. You can equip a non-electric permeate pump to this unit and that can reduce the wastewater produced by the reverse osmosis system by up to 80%. At the same time, you’ll be able to boost your water productivity by up to 50%.
Without the pump, this unit produces about 3.5 gallons of wastewater for every gallon of purified water.
What We Thought About the Home Master TMAFC RO System
This system comes fully assembled, so it is extremely easy to install. It does come with a 3/8-inch feed-water adapter and shut-off valve, some ½-inch installations will require an adapter. You’ll also receive a chrome faucet and RO faucet adapter that work as expected once installed.
Total water production at its peak is about 50 gallons per day. It’s more of a direct-faucet system for drinking water and cooking needs more than a whole-home system. Some homeowners may be able to hook up this model to their dishwasher for some additional benefits with the included fast-flow RO kit.
There is a delay at the faucet when using this system which can be up to 10 seconds. The storage tank helps to minimize this somewhat, but does not fully eliminate it.
You’ll want to verify that there is enough space under your sink to install this unit before purchase. Take the manufacturer’s specifications and compare to your space measurements to avoid a potentially costly plumbing reroute or product return.
Our Grade: 9/10
The Home Master TMAFC Artesian Reverse Osmosis System does an excellent job at providing drinking water and some limited household appliance use. It is undersized to be a whole-home model, but will improve drinking water for those connected to questionable sources. Maintenance with this system is very minimal, with filters only needing a change about twice per year, even with heavy use. It’s a solid system that should definitely be considered.